What are we trying to do now?
The main concern is the ongoing costs of the orphanage and continuing to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children. We believe that a quality education is essential to the future of these children and your support will go towards this. Beyond the daily essentials of food and water, clothing and health services we provide extra tuition outside of school hours. Becoming a regular monthly supporter of the children will help to continue providing this service.
- Clothes and shoes (preferably new)
- Replacement mattresses
- Solar electricity
- Additional dormitory
- Bus for transporting students to school, medical facilities
Sample Weekly Costs
To provide enough food for the children’s nutritional requirements, we need to buy the following ingredients:
- 8kg beans per day (lunch and dinner) @ USD$1/kg = $56
- 4kg sugar per day for morning porridge @ @1/kg = $28
- 10kg rice/day @ $0.75 = $52.5
- 2L cooking oil/day @ $1/L = $14
- Salt, soap and body oil = $7
- Meat bones once per week – 5kg at $3/kg = $15